Unable to Upload Files to MyCloud

For some reason, I am no longer able to upload any content to my MyCloud NAS! It has worked in the past just fine, but lately, when I try to upload any files, the process starts then freezes at 512k transferred. I have updated the Firmware (running v04.04.01-112), there is more than enough free space, and the dashboard indicates that everything is fine. I can see files I have previously uploaded, and can even access them, it is only uploading that is not working. Any help would be appreciated!

You need to post more details for people to analyze the issues;

Computer type (Windows, Linux, OsX etc.)
O/S version
Process you are using to upload (file handling program, file explorer etc)
Any changes to your setup recently?

Paul

Using Mac OS 10.11.1 (El Capitan), and have tried the same procedure on both a MacBook Pro and an iMac. Using the WD MyCloud desktop app version 1.0.7.4 to upload the files. Other than the recent firmware update to the MyCloud, there haven’t been any other changes to our system or settings.

Please try to use mycloud.com instead of the My Cloud Desktop App for Mac. I have seen similar issues with others having El Capitan installed. The new web based Cloud is available within http://www.mycloud.com.

Okay, thanks much, that worked perfectly! Appreciate the help.

1 Like

I am using Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite and have the same issue. I will try the mycloud.com solution.

As of today, 9-20-16 after I upgraded my operating system on my iMac from El Capitan to macOS Sierra, I have not been able to upload files to MyCloud. It just gives the error as “1 file failed to upload”. Then it gives you the option to retry, but to no avail. I can do everything else to a file that is already uploaded. But, I can not upload anything new. Please advise.

1 Like

I would advise reading this thread:

I have the same issue on my remote drive however i have found that a workaround is to use the Chrome browser to send files remotely. This works as normal so i am assuming that the issue is with connectivity using the updated Safari / MacOS Sierra. I will try again when I install the new firmware on the remote MyCloud.

Doing a quick search on WD knowledge base confirms the issue is with the recent update with Safari Error

It worked. Although I used FireFox, but it worked just fine. Thank you for the info.

The file upload issue to MyCloud.com using Safari 10 is now fixed.

Thank You

I am new to the WD 2TB MyCloud and would also like to see file syncing between 2 or more devices. Before the WD i set up an OwnCloud web client on a domain that I own and installed the client on both my work and personal computer. I do some editing on a certain file at work from this OwnCloud folder and it gets uploaded direclty to the cloud. I go home and since the OwnCloud client is on my personal computer I have the same file I can work on. Seems simple for WD to get this up and running as OwnCloud is free and I am currently using it. I may have to return the WD as it may not be what I want. Thanks