Unable to access my own personal WD folder in Windows Explorer

I have have a 3TB My cloud and can access all the other personal and public folders using the web interface, the desktop application (using Windows 10) and my mobile device. On my pc, in Windows Explorer I can access the public folder and the other personal folders. (I am the admin so created them all for the users, so I know the sign on and passwords) However, I am unable to access my own personal folder in Windows Explorer. When I try to access, I am prompted for my user name and password in which I enter. Each time, I get a message telling me access denied. Again, I can access my personal folder (using the same credentials) on the desktop app, the web interface and even on my mobile device. Its only in Windwos Explorer that I am denied access.

I went into the control panel and deleted my user credentials, thinking it would reset it. However that didnt resolve the issue.

Any suggestions

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the Community.

Do you experience the same behavior in other systems within your network running Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 10?

No, its only on one computer

Hi,

I just bought MyCloud 3TB few days back and i am facing same problem. I am using Windowns 7. Any solution to this?

Unmap any mappings to any shares on the MyCloud.

Map to a private share, using ‘connect as different user’, and enter your mycloud user credentials; your username should include your drivename prefix (\mycloudname\username IIRC: my XP prompted me using a drop-down username selector).

Then map to any other shares, using the same credentials.

If you connect to a public share first, no credentials are needed. If you then connect to a private share needing credentials, windows will object, because it does not allow connection to devices using different credentials.