Unable to access folders on MyCloud using Windows Explorer

Hi,

I just bought MyCloud 3TB and am trying to work with it. I have set up the user as well. However, when i view my folders from Windows Explorer, only Public folders are accessible. If i try to access folders which are not public, a username/password prompts occur and no matter what credential i put in, it refuses with error

_\192.168.1.2_

Folder1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

Please note that Full access is given to the only user for MyCloud on this folder. Can anyone tell me what i am not doing right here?

First try rebooting the computer. Surprisingly this can fix some connection issues with NAS drives like the WD My Cloud.

Second, because of a Windows limitation one cannot use multiple different user logins when accessing private shares on the WD My Cloud. Disconnect/remove all mapped WD My Cloud shares (if any) on the Windows computer. Access the Windows Credential screen and remove any WD My Cloud user credentials that may be listed (if any). Reboot the computer and hopefully Windows will clear the credentials allowing one to log into a private share.

See the following Microsoft link for more information on removing Windows Credentials: Remove stored passwords, certificates, and other credentials

Lastly, access the Dashboard and ensure the User has the appropriate permissions (full access or read access) to access the Private Share.

You could have read the reply to your question on the other thread, too…

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/Unable-to-access-my-own-personal-WD-folder-in-Windows-Explorer/td-p/902957

Hello, welcome to the community.

We have passed this along to support.