Ubuntu 23.10 "Files App" no longer sees EX2Ultra

Hello everyone,

First thread/post on this forum. I have an issue with my EX2Ultra and Ubuntu 23.10. Previously the “Files App” which is a Linux version of “Files Explorer” on Microsoft Windows was able to view and connect to my EX2Ultra. I’m not sure what happened besides me reinstalling Ubuntu 23.10 but I can no longer view or connect to my EX2Ultra via the “Files App”. I can SSH into the EX2Ultra via terminal, change directories and list files. However, I can’t see the GUI icon of the EX2Ultra from the “Ubuntu Files App”. I appreciate any help that is suggested and my apologies if this questions has been already asked.

From the screenshot of the “Files App” window, the EX2Ultra icon is no longer present under “Networks”.

Are you able to install Samba in Ubuntu 23.10?
What version?

Unable to Install Samba on Ubuntu 23.10

Ubuntu 23.10 is not a LTS release; it’s the last of the non-LTS in the two-year development cycle which completes with Ubuntu 24.04 LTS April next year. All of 22.10, 23.04, 23.10 & 24.04 make up the current development cycle (with the last only being the long-term-support release) .
guiverc
Nov 28, 2023 at 8:29

Hi NoPlex,

Thanks for the reply. I installed Samba version 4.18.6 on my Ubuntu 23.10 laptop then rebooted. However, my EX2Ultra still cannot be found using the “Files App” from my Ubuntu machine.

@guiverc I am already aware that Ubuntu 23.10 is not a LTS release such as that of Ubuntu 22.04. Although I have been using Ubuntu 23.10 since it was released in October 2023 and had no issues then. I am not sure what has changed to prevent me from being able to see my EX2Ultra NAS in the “Files App”.