Trouble with dlna

We have always used a portable hard drive plugged via USB directly to the router in the past. However we upgraded to nest wifi and don’t have USB anymore unfortunately. Someone advised me to get the mycloud. I did that and the app works great but no matter what I do I can’t get roku media player to detect a dlna.

From my understanding, I need to get into the dashboard to enable this feature… But no matter what I do I can’t get to the dashboard… I’ve tried typing the name of the drive and the IL address. Both bringing back an error.

There are no instructions on how to do this in the box which I found odd, just found the notes online. Anyone that can offer any help before I get outsidw of my resume turn window on this thing. If I can’t successfully figure out dlna thru roku it doesn’t serve the purpose I need. Otherwise it seems super cool :frowning:

What specific My Cloud device do you have? Note the My Cloud Home is a completely different device than the My Cloud devices. The My Cloud Home does not have the My Cloud Dashboard option.

I just realized this about an hour ago that I have the my cloud home :(.

Unfortunately going to work on the return now. Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

Before going through the return process see the dedicated subforums and WD Support site for the My Cloud Home for help on how to properly setup and configure the device…

WD Support - My Cloud Home

My Cloud Home

There are several applicable WD Support Knowledgebase articles:

My Cloud Home Not Recognized by Smart TV or Media Player

In particular the My Cloud Home uses Plex.

How to Enable and Configure Plex Service on My Cloud Home
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7181/

One can install the Plex channel to their Roku either through the add channel option via onscreen, or via the Roku Channel Store.
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/13535/plex

Edit to add: The Twonky DLNA media server is not supported on the My Cloud Home, see the following WD Knowledgebase article for a list of unsupported My Cloud Home product features.

My Cloud Home and Duo Unsupported Product Features

If one needs a DLNA media server, and if Plex on the My Cloud Home supports it, one can enable the Plex DLNA option in the Plex media server interface.

Plex DLNA