Tried to replace red light drive on EX2100

I got a warning on my EX2100 that there was a “Drive SMART Failure
SMART failure predicted on drive 1.” and a red light for that bay.

I ordered a replacement drive and installed it. When I started up the EX2100 the power light was flashing blue and both bays were blue for an extended period but then, just at the last moment before the power light stops flashing, the same bay goes red again. The web interface still shows a SMART error.

I actually couldn’t get hold of exactly the same drive - the models I had were WD60EFRX and the one I had to get was WD60EFZX. However, they are both 6GB so I thought it would be ok, but in the disk status of the NAS web interface, the hard drive model is still showing as the WD60EFRX. I guess that could be because it didn’t complete powering on without going red.

I’m set up with a RAID 1 so my data is still on the other drive, but I’d feel more comfortable to get both drives back up again.

I’m at a bit of a loss what to do now. Could it actually be due to a problem with the enclosure? Could the different model drive have caused the issue?

Any suggestions on steps to take to try and get the second bay back up and running gratefully received. Thank you.

Hi @bishbashbosh,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Welcome back @bishbashbosh!

Have you read through this support page? If so, @Keerti_01 suggestion to contact Support might be your best bet.

#WDUserRewards