Transmission missing from Apps tab

Hi Guys, I’m having problem after updating the firmware of my cloud ex2 to 1.05.36. I was using transmission all these while with no problem till I upgraded the firmware and now Transmission no longer can be found under “Apps” tab. I tried several time reinstalling Transmission by Add an App it still doesn’t appear. Anyone can help me with it?

Hi guys, I tried to access transmisssion by using webgui http://wdmycloud:9091 but i’m getting error message below.

Is there any way to resolve it?

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you’re editing settings.json, see the ‘rpc-whitelist’ and ‘rpc-whitelist-enabled’ entries.

If you’re still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Looking at your URL makes me wonder whether you have the right product (EX2) for this sub-forum or whther you got the URL wrong… the url to access the device (before the port 9091) should be http://wdmycloudex2

And also, have you tried the things suggested in the error message? Seems like there are very specific suggestions.

I’m using wd ex2, i know the default url would be the product name but I have changed mine to others name so that was just an example.

I cant seems find the whitelist in my device, and kind souls would be able to direct me to correct it.

Is there anyone can help me with this? is there a way to remove this completely so that I can reinstall it?

I have tried to perform ‘system only’ restore but it doesnt help to reset the config files at all. All my other installed apps is still there and doesn’t get wipe off or reset, except transmisson is missing from the tab. I tried reinstalling it but it says tranmission has already installed. Is there a way that i can reset the config file which related to all the installed apps so that i can perform a clean installation instead of formatting the whole hdd. Every other things is working fine except transmission.

Hi there, use my instructions here : Can't reinstall Transmission on DL2100