Too confusing .. dose not work seamless from anywhere.. couple of questions

1. i am unable to access wdmycloud from files.mycloud.com. i can login but the device is not connecting. i can see the device can via the WD access app on windows 10 and mac.

2. how do i access mycloud remotely when i am outside the network. i read about the code but i don know how to add it in the mobile app or WD access app in Win 10 or mac. suggest a easier layman route.

thnks

@little1ton Do you own a WD My Cloud or a WD My Cloud Home . The My Cloud Home is the one that has a code that may need to be entered to set it up.

Visit the Learning Center, find your device and look at the User Manual.

https://learn.mycloud.com/default.aspx

hey thanks. i hv a WD my cloud. further confusion wrt to remote access set up. thanks will look at the learning center

You are probable talking about the code generated in the Dashboard for Remote Access of your devices. This would have to be done using the Dashboard. See example image below for my devices.

Be sure to read all information provided along with Help in the Dashboard.

thank you dear. all i am asking is how do i access my cloud (not home) remotely. when i am outside the same network my cloud is connected to. i have the ad access app but it dose not connect when outisde the network. now we need a code or some other setting is what if you culd advise me thanks.

The WD server has been down for a week, hence why you can’t connect. They seem to be having a major problem, so it would be anyone’s guess when the problem is resolved.