System logs from disk failure

I had a disk failure in my PR4100 this week and figured I’d share the logs. I’m not sure why it failed as the drive wasn’t showing any SMART errors. I figured I’d share in case anybody was interested.

Thanks for the info dswv42. Too bad the web console doesn’t show everything. I am able to pull data for the working drives but the failed one returns “/dev/sdc failed: No such file or directory”. It was originally lit up red (I hadn’t touched it since the failure).

I removed and reseated the drive and after hearing a series of unhealthy sounds from the drive it still is not recognized. Now the LED is off vs. being red.

I’ll update with results if I’m able to get any info by connecting to my PC. Luckily this was still under warranty.

I went ahead and connected to a PC. GSmartControl recognizes the drive and model but says SMART is disabled. It won’t let me enable and provides no other info than drive and model. Windows doesn’t find the disk using diskpart. I guess something on the board failed.