Sync To My Cloud not an option

When I right click on a folder “Sync To My Cloud” is not an option. I have setup the My Cloud Home, installed the desktop app, but the desktop sync feature is not working.

What is the location of the folder you are trying to sync? Only specific folders on the OS drive can be synced. See below for the supported paths.

Windows Supported Desktop Sync Locations
The My Cloud Home Desktop Sync supports the following directories and folders and locations on a Windows computer.

The Desktop and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Desktop
Documents and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Documents
Downloads and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Downloads
Music and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Music
Videos and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Videos
Pictures and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Pictures
All Files and folders inside of non Operating System or 2nd Hard Drives such as D:, E:\ etc…

Mac Supported Desktop Sync Locations
The My Cloud Home Desktop Sync supports the following directories and folders and locations on a Mac computer.

The Desktop and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Desktop
Documents and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Documents
Downloads and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Downloads
Music and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Music
Movies and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Movies
Pictures and folders inside of Users<USER_NAME>\Pictures

1 Like

I am trying to sync folder C:\keepsakes
also I have a external USB drive folder F:\site
When right clicking on either of the drives I do not get the “Sync To My Cloud” option. I do however get it when i click on the libraries (pictures, music, videos) on my machine

anything on the root of c: is not a supported path. you would need to move that folder to one of the supported paths listed above before you can sync it.

also removable drives are not supported paths. you can manually copy the data from a removable drive but you cannot sync a folder on the removable drive.

Thanks drlucky for clearing this up for me

You sound to have had success with syncoing to MyCloudHome, which I thought was possible, and am now less sure. I have seen discussions that syncing can bog down a network - my syncing seems to have completely halted - to the point I am considering giving it up. Your file name recommendations look reasonable (maybe), but are there other practical limits that would have caused my last ‘activity’ to be two days old?

I changed to a new MBP, however, i can not find the option “Sync to my cloud” in the new mac.
My folder is under Users//documents

In my old MBP, I do not have this issue.

Please help on this. is there any setting on mac need to be corrected?

I have a similar issue on my WIndows 10 computer: I am able to sync “Music” and “Videos”, but I am not able sync “Documents”, “Documents” or “Pictures”. I verified these files share the location shown below.

Documents and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Documents
Downloads and folders inside of C:\Users<USER_NAME>\Downloads

I am able to sync the “Documents” and “Pictures” from OneDrive to My Cloud Home, but not from my username file. The sharing and permissions are the same for all of these folders. Any help is appreciated!