Stoped Working

Hi all, hope anyone can be of assistance here in my strange matter.

Was watching a movie and had to go out. I stopped all playing. When i came back i thought, why not upgrade my 500gb disc to a 1tb disc. So exchanged it in my hardcase. Put it in the WD TV LIVE player and judge by my confusion when it found it, BUT when starting playing movie NOTHING happeneds. Just the cirecle turning around and around.

After that NOTHING will play, nor the 1 tb disc or my little passport. I have’nt done anything else then change the disc in my hardcase. Anyone experienced same strange problem??

Best regardsa Tommy

Read my MKV are evil post. It may help.

SirCum wrote:

After that NOTHING will play, nor the 1 tb disc or my little passport. I have’nt done anything else then change the disc in my hardcase. Anyone experienced same strange problem??

Best regardsa Tommy

Welcome to the forums.

First try resetting the Live – use the paperclip with the reset hole and then unplug it for at least 10 minutes from power.  Now attach your original hard drive and see if you can play that same movie you were playing.  Let us know what happens.

Seems like the resetting worked. Thnx for that 1. And let’s hope it will come a new firmware soon if the new mkv keeps destructing our players.

There is a firmware fix coming (soon?  My guess is after Halloween but before Thanksgiving.  But that and $5 will buy you a coffee at Starbucks).