SSHFS, FTP, Remote mapping

Hi I’ve tried to map my EX4 remotely. So far I was able to do so with an app called WebDrive (runs in the background) and accesses your NAS thru FTP. Works great and allows you to map a physical drive remotely, however when you progress thru the dir tree it breaks connection (maximum connections reached:10). The FTP connections are limited on the EX4. Is there a way to overwrite this restriction?

I need to be able to open and edit documents without complete sync. The directories are over several TB in size and have lots of CAD drawings, PDF’s and other files my users need to be able to access and EDIT! The WD app lacks the option of working directly with files.

I heard of SSHFS and wanted to see maybe that is a valid option, if so how do I set it up?

Hello, third party apps are not supported, maybe some other users can give you some suggestions. Have you also tried using the My Cloud app?

How to access files on a WD My Cloud, EX2, or EX4 Personal Cloud drive using WD My Cloud Mobile App

Installing and using the WD My Cloud Desktop App

1 Like

My cloud app does not allow direct edit/save. It is a pain in the arse to have to save to another location and re-upload each file. Especially when you edit over 50 files a day.