Issues with EX4

Hello,

Prior to making any purchases I called WD and explained my plans and expectations and I was told that it would work.

I purchased a EX4 with the intent of using it as the fileserver for my small office, 3 people with remote access. 

I also purchase a mybook 4TB drive that I planned on keeping at home as a remote backup in case of fire or theft

Remote access is not what I expected. I need to be able to access the NAS remotely as a mapped drive.   For example I use AutoCAD and when you open a CAD file other multiple drawings called xrefs are opened from saved paths. 

Please enable mapping thru mycloud like you do for your cheaper offerings or provide another means.

Also since your last update, backup to usb drive no longer functions.

Thank You

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Network Product Ideas

Regards,

No it is a request for a fix.  As I mentioned I called WD prior to purchse and was told that I would be able to Map the EX4 with WD2GO.  After purchasing and trying to map without success I again called WD and was told that WD2Go no longer supported EX4 mapping.