SSD Dashboard finds one of two WD SSD's

I’ve installed a WDS512G1X0C and a WDS100T1B0A in my PC. Both SSD’s are recognized by Windows 10.

My problem is that WD SSD Dashboard version 2.0.1.0 identifies only the WDS512G1X0C during the scan. How do I use the Dashboard to check the WDS100T1B0A SSD?

Hi,

If you notice there is one small drop down arrow on top right corner of the SSD Dashboard, next to the rescan bottom.

If you are not able to see it we may need to do some trouble shooting:
Can you provide a screenshot of the SSD Dashboard ?
How is the WD Blue connected to PC ?

Hi,

I think my issue may be due to initializing the drive as storage space rather than a simple drive.

Here’s what the System Information app reports for the drives:

Here’s what the System Information app reports for the disks:

where the WD Blue is model is reported as Microsoft Storage Space Device.

Does this make sense?

I don’t think there is any problem with this setting, can you share a screenshot of your SSD Dashboard ?

Here’s how the SSD Dashboard appears to me:

Thanks Joe,

I will discuss this with our engineering, can you confirm both drives are connected internally ?

The WD Black is installed in the M.2 socket and the WD Blue is connected to SATA3_1 on the ASROCK Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard. Per the manual SATA3_0 is disabled when a device is installed in the M.2 socket.

Hi Joe,

I talked to our engineering team and they think you are right and the drive is not being enumerated as a WD drive, is it possible to try other SATA slot and check if the system detects it differently ?

Also is it possible to post your msinfo 32 here for us to investigate further ?

The msinfo32 invokes the System Information program which I uploaded screen shots of the drives and disk sections.

To resolve this, I backed up the drive, deleted the Storage Space and turned it into a simple drive.

WD SSD Dashboard now shows the drive:

And System Information now displays it as WD SSD rather than a Microsoft Storage Space Device:

Thank you Joe,

so how did you set up the drive as Microsoft Storage Space when you first installed the drive ?

It wasn’t intentional. I suspect Windows 10 sees a second physical drive and defaults to initializing it as a Storage Space. I had to use Manage Storage Spaces to delete it.