I have just installed a WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200rpm and am unable to format it in Windows. Debugging steps,
- The disk is well seated and all connections look solid
- The disk is visible in the BIOS with the correct (WD10EZEX) product number.
- The disk is not visible in Windows Device Manager
- The disk is not visible in WD Dashboard
- The disk is not detected by Disk Management
I am not aware of any other debugging steps since the device is just not recognized.
What is the next step? Return to Amazon? RMA? I think Amazon might be less hassle. I did check the warranty on WD and it expires in 2024, so it isn’t OEM or anything.
I have installed several SSD over the years and have always had success, this was a particularly large HDD for my wife who is running out of space due to producing content, so I might just shell out for a similarly sized SSD. Let me know the best course.