Spazio errato my cloud 2 tb

Buongiorno,

il mio dispositivo, dopo avermi dato qualche problema perchè non veniva riconosciuto, è tornato a funzionare ma come da foto mi da solamente 1,2 GB liberi di spazio di archiviazione. Ho provato anche i rispristini ma non funzionano. Qualcuno ha mai avuto problemi simili?

Grazie

If one has used WD Sync it is possible there may be hidden folders on the My Cloud containing past synced files (so one can recover them). One may have to access their My Cloud using SSH (one enables SSH in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network page) and do a search for the WD sync folder on the My Cloud. Use the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon upper right) to find past discussions on WD Sync consuming the free space on a My Cloud device. Those discussions may have additional information about what specific folders or directories to search for on the My Cloud.

Or one can use SSH (Putty, WinSCP, etc.) to simply search through (on the v4.x firmware) the /DataVolume/shares to find where files are being stored and remove them. Take care though as using SSH is accessing the My Cloud at the root level and one can easily brick their device if they delete the wrong files/folders.

buongiorno Bennor,
grazie per la tua risposta. Sono riuscito a connettermi via SSH ma nella cartella /DataVolume/share non ho trovato niete dei vecchi file. Inoltre ho provato a vedere le dimensioni delle altre cartelle ma nessuna supera 1GB di dimensione. Non riesco a capire come mai lo spazio di archiviazione disponibile sia solo pochi GB.
Non so come risolvere… dal sito di WD ho scaricato un file .zip chiamato gpl-source-wd_my_cloud-04.05.00-342. Puoi spiegarmi che file sono e a cosa servono?
Grazie dell’aiuto

The GPL files provided by WD Support are for compiling your own firmware. If you want to reflash the current firmware download the correct version for your My Cloud.

First Gen Single Bay My Cloud - Firmware Release 04.05.00-342 (09/04/2019): https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/sq-040500-342-20190805.deb

Second Gen Single Bay My Cloud - Firmware Release 2.31.204 (12/16/2019): https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/My_Cloud_GLCR_2.31.204.bin

If you haven’t done so already, try a System Only restore via the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Utilities section. That should reset the My Cloud to default settings without loosing any user data. The Quick Restore and Full Restore options will erase user data in addition to resetting the My Cloud to factory defaults.