Sonos not connecting correctly to MyCloud Home

I have transferred my music files from an old external hard drive into a folder on my new MyCloud Home duo. But when I try to point the Sonos app to this folder as my Music Library, and have Sonos update the music index, everything in the Sonos Music Library (Artists, Albums, Songs, etc.) is empty. In the Sonos Music Library Setup I am putting: //MyCloud-XXXX/Public/name of folder with my music in it. Any guidance on how to set a folder on a MyCloud Home duo as the Music Library folder on Sonos?

I don’t want to use the My Cloud Home service within Sonos as it is very sub-par.

Hi @phsxtchr,

Please refer to the article: My Cloud Home: 3rd Party App Sonos Usage: My Cloud Home: 3rd Party App Sonos Usage

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi phsctchr
I have had a problem with the SONOS connection to a My Home Cloud Duo. It’s not quite the same, but in trying to sort it out with WD tech support, I got this nugget of information that may be relevant to you:

“Please be informed that using the My Cloud Home Public Share for SONOS is NOT supported. The content must be located in the My Cloud Home Private User Space when using the My Cloud Home Sonos App. I would suggest you to refer the link below to configure SONOS with My Cloud Home Device.”

The link they refer to is: Redirect Notice

Like you, I’ve not been overly impressed with WD’s tech support and I find their on line information practically incomprehensible, but I thought I should share this with you to see if it helps.