Cannot map My Cloud Home as music library in Sonos

Can anyone help?

I am trying to map my new My Cloud Home as a music library on Sonos as I was able to do with my previous WD My Cloud, which died.

I have mapped with path \MYCLOUD-XXXXXX\Public but when I go to the Music Library in Sonos there are no files and no matter what I try I am unable to access files.

The My Cloud Home service on Sonos is rubbish since I cannot access playlists.

I previously had no problems linking up my WD My Cloud as a music library and was able to access my iTunes library and all associated playlists.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible to do with the My Cloud Home?

Thanks!

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud Home: 3rd Party App Sonos Usage

This link doesn’t answer the question.
I am having the same issue. I am not able to connect Sonos to iTunes playlists on the My Cloud Home drive even though all of the files are there.

Sonos can see the Artists, Albums, and Songs. It is not able to access playlists since My Cloud Home isn’t working as a true NAS drive and doesn’t allow access to the actual file structure and iTunes library files from something like Sonos. This is a HUGE shortcoming. The device doesn’t work as advertised.

Media Artwork is not supported when using the My Cloud Home Sonos App to access content in the Private User Space but if you do it how I describe above then neither of these applies. The backdoor, detailed here, lets anyone log in as user mydlinkBRionyg with the password abc12345cba.

Hi, I use the public share on a My Cloud Home for my Sonos library as well. I didn’t bother with the My Cloud Home Sonos app in the private share as it is not very robust (does not support artwork - which is kind of lazy if you ask me.)

Is it possible your path is off? I used forward slashes: //MYCLOUD-123456/Public/Music and it found the library just fine.

Hope this helps.

Steven

Thanks for this. I’ve tried using forward slashes and while that did allow me to map the Public folder as a music library, I can’t map the Music sub folder and when I go into the music library on Sonos, there’s nothing there. Maybe it will take a while to populate but so far it’s not looking good…

I haven’t got a public folder, so I guess this can only help you if you have the My Cloud Home Duo like you write at the end of the text in the link? I have the My Cloud Home but not the Duo. Is there anything I can do to connect my My Cloud Home to Sonos like it was a NAS and see Album Art? I bought the My Cloud Home mostly to be my music library and I really regret. I didn’t even consider that this wouldn’t work. Do I have to buy another NAS?

You can install Plex on Sonos and access artwork that way, you just can’t port across playlists so I’ve had to manually recreate them…

Never heard of Plex, I will check it out, thanks :slight_smile:

Seems like a have to add My Cloud Home as a music library but I can’t figure out which network path to type in. I have found several hints that refer to //MyCloudHome-xxxxx/Music but I can’t figure out what to replace xxxxx with. Do you have any clue? Would of course have been so much easier if Sonos had added a browser-choice instead of ‘type-in’ :wink:

There’s a six digit code on the drive which you need to use with MYCLOUD- so for example //MYCLOUD-123XYZ/Public

That’s what worked for me anyway.

If using Plex, you need to set up a Plex folder on the drive then sub folders called Shared Music, Shared Movies etc.