Seeking a Windows User With "Share" Working as a Mechanism to Send Email

I have used a lot of time to get My MCM to display the program that has “Share” as the first option on the drop down menu. I have been working extensively with the WD expert here in the Asia Pacific region but we got to the program that offers that only once and when we tried to replicate it, it stopped working on the original system. This should be an option out of dashboard or the mirror Icon program but it is not that straight forward. Apple did a major part of the software for the MCM and much of it is tailored for the Mac. I am, like 80% of the PC public, a Windows user and I need apps that work on Windows and would appreciate even videos that show what happens on Windows. They have it working out here but the experts do not know foolproof how to get it to go for a normal user.

Thanks for reading and I do welcome any input from a person with this working. Want to know the exact program to run.

DL

Thanks for sharing.

Let’s see if any of the users running this product can share some information about it.

Thanks ERmorel, I found the fix and it is so discouraging that WD has some truly bad documentation that is allowed to stay on the site. The problem is that the WD Learning Center gives you highly erroneous info. It states that you need the Desktop App to share data with outsiders. That turkey will never fly and the WD techs in Asia do not have enough training/background to know how to communicate the failure in this gem.

The way to “Share” is so simple, it is done through the website mycloud.com and after you log on to the system, you can share anything and everything. Granting membership can thus become a real headache if you have data that you do not want disseminated. So Caution is the word.
DL

Solution to Problem: Use mycloud.com to share data that is in your local cloud, forget Desktop App and Dashboard. Just set up an ID that is mycloud.com known and have an email address associated with it and you can share all your users data with anyone. Caution on who you led have an ID tied to your system as that gives them full access to their data as well as others or so it appears to me.
DL