New User Help

Hi

It may be just me but i dont really know what i’m doing with the cloud mirror storage. It was easy to set up but from there, i’m not sure what i’m doing

How do i know if it is backing up to the mirror drive?

How do i share folders?

Why cant Itunes see the folder?

Any help in simple terms will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

miniminx007 wrote:

Hi

It may be just me but i dont really know what i’m doing with the cloud mirror storage. It was easy to set up but from there, i’m not sure what i’m doing

How do i know if it is backing up to the mirror drive?

How do i share folders?

Why cant Itunes see the folder?

Any help in simple terms will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

It doesn’t “Back Up” to the mirror drive.   When set to RAID1, it’s a RAID array where every write is done twice – once to both drives.

How do i share folders?

Have you read the manual?

I’ll see what I can do for Q1 and Q2 - I don’t use iTunes so someone else will need to assist with Q3.

Q1 - If you’ve got your system set up as RAID1 (the configuration it ships with by default) then it will automatically be writing to both discs as mirror images of one another. You can see the status (“health”) of the RAID array either through the dashboard itself or via the WD Quickview program on your computer if you have installed it. If it shows as “healthy” then you’re fine and good to go.

Q2 - Please see chapter 5 of the MCM manualfor details on creating shares.

Basically firstly you need to create the user accounts that you require on the MCM (if you haven’t already done so), and then you can create the shares (basically which files, folders and sub-folders you want to share) and then assign access priviledges for each to your set of user accounts. Your MCM should have at least a public share already by default, and you can create other ones (either public ones that anyone with access to the MCM on your network can see and use) or private ones (which you control by giving each account suitable privs).

It’s explained quite well in the manual (much better than I can do in a quick post here), so I’d suggest you have a quick look over that and if you still have questions then come back and we’ll try to help out.