Save Data off drives from a DX4000 (outside device)

I had posted a similar inquiry in the “How to restore a WD DX4000 in RAID 5 with 0xD9 error?” topic, but I thought this was a sufficiently different question to merit a separate topic.

Assuming that I give up on restoring / recovering the NAS device, what are the chances of using commercial 3rd party software to salvage some of the data? Is the RAID architecture fairly standard? Wondering if anyone here has had success with this process. This is not an absolute emergency, as most of the information is part of redundant systems in the cloud - but the severe inconvenience warrants some time & effort (and inve$tment).

I believe this has 4 x 2TB drives running RAID 5, but I was not involved in the original procurement and configuration of the device.

There are no RED lights above any drive bays, so I cannot determine a single or multiple disk failure(s).

Looking to find there is a success story out there …

Stefan

if it had 4 drives it is raid 5
you can search for raid recovery software like below
most will allow you to see what ddata is available for free but you have to pay to drag and drop

Thanks, Gramps.

Do you know if the DX4000 uses software or hardware RAID. If the the a latter, is there any published info regarding the controller architecture?

Before investing in the RAID recovery software, I am trying to make sure there is a reasonable chance of success.

Intel RST, I think that s software. The software will let you see your data for free. If you can see it, paying for it will restore it
That said someone here figured out how without paying, but he seemed to be a pretty smart feller :slight_smile: