WD Sentinal dx4000 device failure, Raid rebuilding help

Hi Guys
Our WD Sentinal died a sad, drawn out death, and with it some of my data. No one in South Africa wants to have a look to repair the unit, so all i want to do is plug in the drives to my pc, rebuild the raid, and copy off the data I want. I will format the drives afterwards. It was raid 5. All the 4 x drives are WD 4tb drives.

I sent it in for data recovery, but they are smoking their socks at their prices. Can buy a car with the money. Does WD have a RAID recovery and rebuilding software that i can get, or any good advice on what to do?

Appreciate any help.

Heyy, sorry to hear about your sentinel. i have one too and im in South Africa​:sweat_smile: Whats the odds huh?:smile: I will do some research and see what i can get for you. Its definitely possible to recover your data.

Did you put each drive in a enclosure to see if they work?

Just google raid recovery software. Most will let you see your data for free and pay to copy it
for example

Hi AgentNovac
All the drives are 100%. Rebuild the raid with freeraidrecovery, build perfectly, but need to buy their other software to access. The data that Im looking for is old, all the current stuff was backed up, hence not worth paying for recovery.
Google will provide something, somewhere…

thanks anyways. All the best.

Thanks Gramps, see my reply to AgentNovac. Appreciate the help.