Retrieved files ca't be opened

I have a My Passport Ultra 1TB portable drive which has files backed up from my laptop(Windows 8.1). I Just got a new PC running Windows 10. I retrieved 450GB worth of files and none of them will open. These are all either mp3 or photo files. When I view the list of files on the WD My Passport they all appear to be crossed out as if they had been deleted(If I uncheck “show deleted files” all that remains is a bunch of empty folders), but they do transfer and show appropriate file sizes. They are just unable to be opened/played/viewed. I did not have the My Passport password protected. Please advise as to how to be able to open and view these files. Thank you.

I did find this  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/Access-Denied-on-file-retrieval/m-p/660519/highlight/true#M17874 but this requires doing this to every file individually which is impractical with thousands of files. Is there a way to batch fix this or change settings when backing up or retrieving?

Welcome to the Community.

What happens when you try to open the files? Do you get an error message? Do you get a “permission denied” prompt? By “opening” the files I actually mean double-clicking them in Windows Explorer instead of using the WD SmartWare retrieval interface.