Purchased 2 WD My Cloud Mirrors, one located at work the other at home; Updated the firmware on both to 2.10.310; Been struggling to get the remote back-up to work; Followed all instructions on the knowledge base; Can anyone more technical then me help?
Done the following:
- Both routers support UPnp and this is enabled.
- Enabled SSH and Remote server on both devices with a password.
- Applied port forwarding rules: TCP 873 for remote server; TCP 22 for SSH.
- Under Cloud Access it states “Connected (Relay Connection Established)” rather than “Port Forwarding Connection Established” so I changed the DCHP to Static IP. Cloud access ports changed to 8080 & 8443.
- When I setup Remote Backup I use My Cloud Account to locate the remote server successfully which brings in its IP address. When I browse for destination folder I eventually get the following:
Error: Remote Backup cannot proceed for an unknown reason. Remote Backup cannot proceed due to a failed RSYNC Test.
I can see both servers and access files through iPhone/iPad app and My Cloud webpage. Am I missing something here? Any guidance appreciated.