Remote access to My Cloud Mirror (mapping drives)

Hi All,

Joping someone can help me.

I have just installed a My Cloud Mirror in our office and am getting on with it very well. I have remote access via the my cloud desktop app (PC) and it works O however I would much rather be able to access my files form home via windows explorer.

I found in a manual it said to log in via the website to my cloud and then click view shares on the little settings button (three lines ina box button) however when I do this it just says to install an app, but I already have the my cloud desktop app installed and can not find the option on the desktop app to allow viewing the files in windows explorer.

Can any one help me.

Kind regards,

Ian

ithurtell wrote:

I found in a manual it said to log in via the website 

What manual is that?

I am having the same problem here. I would like to access private folder using windows explorer instead of the cloud apps. When using ‘admin’ I am able to access through windows explorer but not as a ‘user’. Any help would be appreciate. Cheers.

mcrider wrote:

I am having the same problem here. I would like to access private folder using windows explorer instead of the cloud apps. When using ‘admin’ I am able to access through windows explorer but not as a ‘user’. Any help would be appreciate. Cheers.

Confused what you’re saying.  When you use the WD2go.com website, you don’t log in using a username.   You log in using an e-mail address you registered to the user.

Why do I need to use WD2go.com? It just prompt me tp go and download the apps which I have already done. I just need to mapped the drive and login as a user but it wouldn’t let me except for admin I am able to login the folder.

I have created a user ‘x’ and set password. Have created a folder only ‘x’ can access. I have mapped the folder in windows 7 but ‘x’ cannot access the folder. I am using example:

mywd\x

password

Cannot login to access the folder. But using:

mywd\admin

password

I can login and access the folder.

Why do I need to use WD2go.com?

I didn’t say that you did.

You said you were.

Can you please post a screenshot here? I am confused too about what exactly your issue is.

Hi,

Sorry been a long time since logging on here and had a few other projects that have been higher priority to this one.

The manual I was refering to was the one that you access by downloading. Basically everything is downloaded with this kit when you by it. However the manual is irrelevant to y questions really.

What I would like to know, if someone who has done it could please help me, is this.

I have the Cloud Mirror setup and functioning at my office with the folders maped as drives on my computer and it works great. And I have the WD My Cloud App installed at home which can access the mirror and see my files etc. But I would like to view these from home using explorer rather than the WD App.

Is this possible?

ithurtell wrote:

I have the Cloud Mirror setup and functioning at my office with the folders maped as drives on my computer and it works great. And I have the WD My Cloud App installed at home which can access the mirror and see my files etc. But I would like to view these from home using explorer rather than the WD App.

Is this possible?

I don’t have a Mirror, so I’m not 100% sure.   But if the WD 2go website is redirecting you to download an app instead of logging into your shares, then I suppose the Mirror is like the EX2 and EX4, and doesn’t support the Explorer interface.