Release an update to the My Passport Wireless to allow use of SMB2 protocol

At the moment the My Passport Wireless only has a Samba server that supports only the SMB1 protocol and this is being depreciated by Microsoft. Please release an update that allows the My Passport Wireless to support the SMB2 protocol.

Hi @Myron,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Wow.

Let me know if “support” actually does anything. . . . .this product (sadly) has not had a firmware update for several YEARS. . . .and I think is off of store shelves.

I would have hoped we could get SMB 3 on both this and all the OS/3 drives; but I fear that will never come to pass (The cure for OS/3 devices is to upgrade to OS/5 if you can. If you can’t - → you are SOL)

I will do @NAS_user , but I also don’t hold too much hope. One can but try.

@NAS_user My reply from WD support, after second attempt was: “Thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendations we will push your feedback to our engineering team.”

If anything id done is anyone’s guess. I think my suggestion is a simple one. Just requires Samba updating?