Refund not replacement for a faulty HDD


I have a dead HDD and cannot find how to obtain an actual REFUND.

This drive was a replacement for a previous one which died. I triggered an RMA for that one.

Is there a straightforward way to just send a faulty HDD back for a refund and NOT a replacement?

I find this site incredibly convoluted with T&Cs and links to different pages.


Hi @pioneer31,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:


Yes, I rang on Wednesday (ref: 230709-001493) and am awaiting a response. The analyst told me that I should receive a pre-paid label through email by Friday (today).