Raid 1 config on g-tech raid thunderbold 2

I tried to reconfig from raid 0 to raid 1 my t2 - 12 tera- g-raid through macos disk utility but it works only if i select another external hd.

I would like to config as 6 tera raid1, how to do it?

You need to use the G-RAID configurator.

G-RAID configurator

After it has been converted, you then Erase it in Disk Utility.

Done, works, but the process was a little bit more complicate.
I’m describing so that it might be of help for someone else

1. I’m working on High Sierra, and the raid drive is g-tech thunderbolt 2 (only T plugs and usb on the back)
  2. g-raid config does not see the hd in the format out of the box
  3. When new/empty I reformatted to the new file system APFS, now the G-RAID CONFIGURATOR utility sees it (after a little while)
    4 then I selected raid 1, executed the utility, and
  4. after that in MAC OS Disk utility I reformatted it as asked (for some strange reason I guess one of the partitions is still in Mac Os journaled) and the disk appears as raid with 6Tera. I hope it works as Raid1 now
  5. the process failed a few times (the Configurator gave an error message after starting the RAID1 conversion process, so I reformatted back in MAC OS journaled, and then back to APFS and started the process again)
  6. Lost the icon (minor problem)

Ciao

To reconfigure your G-RAID from RAID 0 to RAID 1 with a 6 terabyte capacity, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect your G-RAID to your Mac.
  2. Launch Disk Utility. You can do this by going to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
  3. In Disk Utility, select the G-RAID from the list of available disks on the left-hand side of the window.
  4. Click on the “Erase” button at the top of the Disk Utility window.
  5. In the “Format” drop-down menu, select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)”.
  6. In the “Name” field, enter a name for your new RAID volume.
  7. In the “Scheme” drop-down menu, select “RAID”.
  8. In the “RAID Type” drop-down menu, select “RAID 1 (Mirrored)”.
  9. In the “Chunk Size” drop-down menu, select “256k”.
  10. In the “Available Disks” section, select the two disks that you want to use for the RAID 1 volume.
  11. Click on the “Create” button to create the new RAID 1 volume.

Note that creating a RAID volume will erase all data on the disks that you select. Therefore, make sure that you have backed up any important data before proceeding with these steps.