G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3: Change from RAID 0 to RAID 1

Hi,

my drive is a G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3 20tb and I am using a MAC with macOS Mojave.
I want to change from RAID 0 to RAID 1.
Which RAID Configurator can I use and what cable shall I use for this action → USB 3.0, 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3?
The listed RAID Configurators at the homepage of G-Technologies do not match exactly with the name of my device (G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3).

Kinds regards

Alfred Braun

You use the G-RAID removable with TB3 configurator after it has been converted you then erase the drive in Disk Utility and it will be a usable device.

Hi i want to enter in this configurator but a system administrator password is demanded
i don’t have any. How can i change from RAID 0 to RAID 1 then?
thanks in advance

Your computer should require a password to log in to it. That is the password it is asking for.

If you don’t have one then you will need to enable a password on your user account temporarily until you get the RAID converted. You can then remove the password from your computer if you want to.

To change your G-RAID configuration from RAID 0 to RAID 1, you can use the Disk Utility tool that comes pre-installed on your Mac. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Connect your G-RAID to your Mac using a Thunderbolt 3 cable.
  2. Open Disk Utility by going to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
  3. Select your G-RAID from the list of drives on the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window.
  4. Click on the “RAID” button in the top-right corner of the Disk Utility window.
  5. In the “RAID Assistant” window, select “Mirror (RAID 1)” as the RAID type and follow the prompts to complete the setup.

As for the cable to use, since your G-RAID is a Thunderbolt 3 device, it’s recommended to use a Thunderbolt 3 cable for the best performance.

Regarding the RAID Configurator software, it’s not necessary for you to download any additional software from G-Technology’s website to change your RAID configuration. Disk Utility is a built-in tool that can handle the task for you. If you do want to download the RAID Configurator software, you can try the G-Technology RAID Configurator 3.0, which supports Thunderbolt 3 devices.