G Raid config to RAID 1 question/can't find product at G Tech site

Good day,

I am new to the forum, and thank all those who have worked hard to make us novices life easier!

However, I have a new G Raid with Thunderbolt 8TB sku 0G02272, I want to change it from factory setting to RAID 1 (so 2 x 4tb mirrored disks), but I cannot find this sku number on G Tech’s site to download the software for Mac.

My OSX is Yosemite 10.10.5 - will I get the RAID tab by upgrading to the latest OSX?

I am hoping that someone can open my eyes, or point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance/E

That unit does not have software to convert the RAID as it is a software RAID itself, not hardware. That means the Apple Disk Utility is what controls the RAID.

Here are instructions for that process: Disk Utility RAID 1

Hi Rydia,
I’ve just purchased the G-Technology RAID 12TB and want to make it a RAID one on iMac and have followed your instructions, but the RAID Tab does not show up. I worked a top notch photographer who has set up many of these systems, and we were both at a loss as to why we could not get the RAID Tab to show up. Please let me know what we are missing. I’m running High Sierra 10.13.1 Thank you…

This is a post about an older version of our G-RAID that is a software RAID device. We no longer make that device and our current G-RAIDs are removable. That RAID is converted by using our configuration software from our site.

If you purchased the Thunderbolt and USB model the download you need is here: G-RAID w/ TB & USB configurator

Thank you Rydia, but it’s asking for my password and I don’t know which
password it wants, or if I have one for this device. Can you let me know
which password it’s asking for? Appreciate it. Plinyjr