Problem with Music Folder on WD Live TV Hub

Hey guys,

I’m hoping you can help me out with an issue I have been having.  I have transferred all my media (movies and music) via USB to the LIve Hub and I have no problem accessing the movies in the actual movie folder.  In the all files section all my music and movies appear and I can play my music from there.  However, when I go to the music folder to access the music it shows that I have 800 files and when I click on it to get into the file it briefly shows in the background the albums and then the little icon appears and starts spinning and automatically reboots the system.  So i cannot access my music in that folder. 

I have been on the phone with tech support for the last two weeks (level 2) and they had no idea about this issue and told me its a defective unit and to return it and get a new one.  So I did that today and transferred my music and the exact same thing is happening.

Do you guys have any idea what I can do?

thanks in advance.

Yipes!

Yeah, that’d be frustrating.

It would appear there is a file with metadata or filenames that the Hub is having problems with.

Try this;  go move all but about 100 of the music files OFF the Hub.

Reboot it and try again.   If it’s successful viewing those 100 files, move 100 more onto the hub and repeat the reboot.

If it FAILS on the first try, move 50 more off…  and repeat.

In other words, we’re trying to narrow down which set of files the Hub is reacting badly to.

Once you narrow it down, we might be able to figure out what it is about the specific file(s).

Okay Thanks!!

I will give that a try and see if that does the trick and gets me up and running.

I will let you know what happens.

thanks again.