PR4100 remote backup to another PR4100

Hello,

I have two PR4100’s set up - one as a remote backup server to another. I cannot get the backups to begin. I set up the jobs and can see the remote folder - I choose it and create the job - but it stays at 0% and then eventually fails. I have checked everything twice - any ideas?

Thank you

Have you opened a support case? If not, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask 1

1 Like

I’ve been having the exact same issue. Two PR4100 systems, one as a backup server. Has been working for years but upon Remote Backup 1.29 it broke. Nothing was changed in the system. The progress bar stuck at 0%.

I tried the other way around, from backup server to main server. That worked fine. But that was a clean install and there it was where my mind gave me an idea. I deleted the Remote Backup app and installed an older version found on this website v1.21. You can find the link by googling ‘app store, wd pr4100’. I re-entered my backup job and voila! It began immediately.

So: get the bin for RemoteBackup version 1.21 for your PR4100. Make a note of all your backup jobs. Delete version 1.29 through App management and from there MANUALLY install the bin file (just point the NAS to it where it is stored). Then recreate the backup jobs and you will see it will work again. Do not upgrade for a while is my advise.

Hope this helps.

Hello and thank you! I can’t seem to find v1.21 for the PR4100…

Here’s the link

My Cloud OS5 Apps Download Links - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / Community Developed Apps - WD Community

Thank you very much for your assistance and diligence - this has fixed it for us as well. I have had a ticket open with WD; I will advise them of this workaround!

You’re most welcome! Thanks for passing it on to WD. Hope the bug gets squashed in the future releases.

Any updates on this issue? I’m having the same problem. Are the old versions of this software trustworthy? Is a changelog available? I don’t feel comfortable trusting this with a critical backup.

Yes - the rollback did work without issues

Just discovered this relevant post to my issue. I posted this elsewhere and once I get it posted here I will delete in the other forum if I can.

A scheduled remote backup between two My Cloud PR4100 NAS both running 5.26.300 (latest) is now reporting the following error:

An error occurred for the remote backup job named NAS2NAS. Please check the backup job detail.
Issued on: 09-01-2023 12:48:26 PM
Alert Code: 1400

It started yesterday morning.

I manually restarted the backup twice, and both have now failed.

There is very little detail in the backup job log, none that gives any clue as to what may be causing this Code 1400 error.

This page did not help:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/17203/kw/alert%20code:%201400

There have been no changes in the physical network or its connections for these devices, which are on the same LAN.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Backup Status Backup failed on Friday, 2023 September 01, 12:48:28 PM
Backup Type Synchronize
Recurrence 12AM / Daily

===

Addendum…I now wonder if it is related to the version of Remote Backup, which I see is at v1.30. I have no idea when that was installed, but I read above that 1.29 has issues, and the person was able to downgrade to 1.21. I have found that file.

I will wait to see if anyone is experiencing and similar issue and if it is a recent development due to a software update.

Just reporting that I did not change a thing and the job has now completed successfully for the past two days.

Remote Backups app v.1.30

Backup Status Backup completed on Monday, 2023 September 04, 6:45:47 AM
Backup Type Synchronize
Recurrence 12AM / Daily