So I have a PR4100.
First I must say I’m very unpleased with the product, I encoutered so many problems :
- Can’t do internal backups tasks (copy folder to another folder), the task never launches or neither completes.
- Somehow all users can’t access their folders on windows when it’s set on private with user password. Was working before, and works when in public.
- My home server is a unraid system so this should be much more user friendly and I perfectly know how this us supposed to work.
- WD Sync is no longer supported and we’re required to use GoodSync non-free software instead. Wut?
- This is more of a connected hard drive than a NAS since most the already limited functionnalies aren’t working.
So, today I wanted to try again to see if the user permissions isses were fixed. I rebooted the server. Surprise, turned out there was a firmware update, the server was blinking letting me know there was finally an update.
Launched the update from the admin UI, waited 15mn, was stuck at 0 (like all internal backup tasks, no surprises).
Refreshed, try rebooting, UI let me know I couldn’t as firmware update was ongoing.
Waited again, then I finally was up to date, triggered a reboot, but the NAS was still flashing.
Tried to reboot several times, nothing happens, UI comes back after a while.
NAS still flashing while telling me there’s an update available.
What am I supposed to do? Cut down the power and risk to have a bricked NAS if not already the case?