OS 5 broke remote backups

I do remote backups to a old EX4 that I have running. The backups worked great prior to the upgrade, but I cannot get the backups to work since the upgrade. The backups just fail. This is the only error that I get:

An error occurred for the remote backup job named Doc_bckps. Please check the backup job detail.

Setting up the backups are not that difficult. I don’t do port forwarding because the two NAS’s are on the same network and literally sitting right next to each other.

Anyone else having backup issues?

Thanks

Daryl

hi @Dary
I had the same network environment as you, EX2 Ultra(OS5) & EX2 (OS3). I had created new remote backup job from EX2 Ultra(OS5) to EX2 (OS3), did not find any questions.
I think you may delete old job and create new one for test.

I’ve been trying to create new remote backup jobs, but they fail. The only error that I see is the one that I posted previously.

Daryl

I backup from a PR4100 to a EX4100 under OS3 backups used to take 3-5 hours under OS5 they crash after 5 days with a 1400 error what ever that is. If you know anyone who has not “updated” to OS5 i’d warn them against it OS5 is not an operating system it’s a hardware stress test.

@ratall
A few questions

1. Have both your PR4100 and EX4100 completed the indexing process if you have Cloud Access enabled?
  2. Do you have the destination share (Backup Target) Mobile & Web Access enabled at the share level?

Please open a support case and include the My Cloud System logs from both NAS

@SBrown
1 I have disabled Cloud access I do not require it.
2 All the destination share level access option are off and faded (ie you can not change them)
? Where are the system logs kept?

Also both my nass’ are out of warranty so I do not think I qualify to raise a support case

Please open a support case so that we can check your issue?

@SBrown
OK raised a support case 201105-00146 do not know if I did it correctly. attached the system log.zip file from both to the support case. Thanks for your help.

My remote backups are also failing on OS5. The one thing I see different from the backup creation is the Remote Server type drop down is not available for me to choose “NAS Server”. Are you able to choose the Remote Server type?https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29503/initiator/user

I have giving up on the remote backup under OS5.
It is very slow when working(net work speed < 20MB as show on the NAS) and crashes at the drop of a hat. So I just use a script on one of my pcs to copy the stuff to the backup “robocopy” is a great little command as with the right parameters you can do the exact same as the backups. Only it runs a lot faster(net work speed > 80MB as show on the NAS) and you have more control.

You need to find their web instructions for Remote Backup that specifcally says it is for OS5.

ratall, thank you very much SIR! for the robocopy thingy…never knew it existed… and with the super mirror /MIR option !..does wonders!

thank you again…