PLEX: server not powerful enough

Hello
Using a WDmycloud mirror and having installed PLEX, I am happily streaming my videos while travelling on my ipad, iphone and samsung s7 phone. But when I want to stream on my TV using the PLEX app i got the message “server not powerful enough”.

i have looked for it on the web but honestly have hard time to understand the answers as they are super technical. can someone explain me why my movies are played easily on my ipad but not on my TV and how to solve this without tweaking all my videos files?

many thanks in advance,
nicolas

What version of PLEX app are you using for the TV? I have a Roku and Amazon Fire Stick and the PLEX app for either has no problem getting a movie onto TV.

Also what resolution are your movie files, and your TV?

If the app is trying to transcode heavily (if the resolutions are very different between source and display) then that will put a lot of requirements onto the server CPU, and as we all know whilst the CPU in the MCM is just about enough for NAS usage, it’s not the worlds fastest powerhouse and severely struggles with anything more than file flinging (as running the AV app on it also shows).

i think the issue is coming from the fact that i am running a plex app that i do not control as it is installed in the OS of my IS provider.