Plex Server Can’t Access My Cloud Home

I Changed the password in Plex as requested by Plex. Now I can’t access My Cloud Home from Plex.
I can see the Plex Folder and all the files in the Plex folder when I am in My Cloud Home.

I go to the DO MORE (located to the top left between Add Files and Copy USB) to have access to set up the Plex Media Server. Now I click ENABLE then CONFIGURE and then will be taken to to a Plex Window that displays a Plex Security Alert to sign in (this is normal). I see my email address so it is correct.

It then takes me to a Plex window that says “Initializing Plex Media Server…”
After several minutes, the screen displays “Something went wrong. Make sure the server is available and try again”.

At this point, I am in the Plex page and see on the left Home, Movies & Shows, Discover, Music, Live TV and More.
If I click MORE, I see My CLOUD HOME with a yellow triangle as well as the Home, Movies & Shows, Discover, Music and Live TV.

If I click on the My CLOUD HOME with a yellow triangle a screen pops up that says “My Cloud Home is currently unavailable. Verify you have a network connection and that the server is online, or see our troubleshooting tips for further assistance. Troubleshooting tips do not help.

I have a Mac computer, and a Lifetime Plex Pass.
Everything was working fine until I changed the Plex password.
My iPhone and iPad also can’t access My Cloud Home while on Plex either, but they can see all the files when I go to My Cloud Home.
The iPhone and iPad also have no Plex Live TV, which I had before the password change.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @nelsl1 ,

Please be informed that Plex and the Plex Account are unrelated to the Western Digital Account used on My Cloud OS 5 and My Cloud Home products.

Please contact Plex regarding the email notification if you have any questions regarding Plex and your Plex Account.

https://support.plex.tv/

In case you’ve not sorted this out yet, this is what I did to correct the problem:

These are the steps you would have done originally when setting up your Plex server

Yes, have done his several times on my iMac, but does not let me in.
My iPhone continues to say that the My Cloud Home server is offline.

Good morning.
SUCCESS - I have gained access to my Plex Server Libraries.
Here is the process I used as directed by WD Support:

We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.
As you were unable to access My Cloud Home on plex so I checked with my resources about this issue and after reviewing My Cloud Home logs, we do not see anything wrong with My Cloud Home device. This may be a browser cache issue so please try using a different browser. You can also use incognito mode of Google Chrome to initialize and setup the new media server. In incognito mode of Google Chrome, access My Cloud Home web app, and then try to disable and then re-enable and reconfigure plex server as you were doing earlier. Also if issue persist, you can try these steps on a different browser and check if same issue persist.

I used Google Chrome as directed and not Safari, although Safari can access the Plex Server now.

I am also not able to access MyCloud Home from Plex as above. When trying to follow the steps as described above to rectify, I get stuck at the very first step after clicking on DO MORE, as the option for configuring Plex Media Server from there has now disappeared! I have tried from Chrome, Firefox and Android - it’s just not showing up! Very frustrating, can WD please investigate and rectify ?

Good morning all. I would like to join the bandwagon. since the security breach that prompted a password change, my Cloud Home has been inconsistently finding my plex media server.
I have tried everything under the sun, going as far as to reset my home network and reconfigure everything, and i feel like anything i do puts me two steps back. I am currently faced with a " 503 Service Unavailable" Screen after clicking “configure”. I have tried different browsers, and incognito modes.
Hoping WD can fix this soon.

my PLEX server is automatically turned off and cannot be enabled. GET… connection refused. I never liked this WD home NAS, but now I say it’s a disgrace to WD! I’ve been using it for years and there’s hardly a time when I don’t have a problem with PLEX, or with access, or with the fact that it’s slow… Hats off! Does anyone know of a NAS into which the HDD inside can be transferred?