MyCloud Home Plex "Secure Connections"

I have recently formatted my MyCloud Home, and am trying to re-install the plex server. I’ve been trying for a couple of days now - going through the “Do More” → Plex → Enable → Configure path.

When I hit “Enable”, it does its thing, and gives me the option to “Configure” - note that no Plex folders are created on the My Cloud home though. I hit “Configure”, it takes me to my plex sign-in, all good. It then takes me to my Plex home, and I get a message “Initialising Plex Media Server” … and that’s where it stays. About 10 mins later, I get a message that it’s failed, “app.plex.tv is unable to connect to ‘My Cloud Home’ securely. Its ‘Secure connections’ setting may be set to disabled, or you may need to adjust some settings on your network”.

It’s been driving me mad for a couple of days now - any tips greatly appreciated.

Hi @aadkenn,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Didn’t realise that was possible - thanks! I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:

Can’t submit support request -tried from both my phone and chromebook, just get this error.
Any way to do this over email?

Have you received a solution to this issue?
Since mid april I am running into the same issue without having changed anything on my network.