Photos cannot be viewed from mycloud.com interface

When browsing my files using the mycloud.com interface, I can not view any photos. If I click on the name of the photo, a black screen appears, and a very small “broken image” icon appears in lieu of a photo.

However, I am able to view the photos on the My Cloud if I use Windows File Explorer (\WDMYCLOUD\Jim\path). Windows Explorer properly shows thumbnail images for the images in the selected folder, and shows the selected image in the preview pane. It I double click one of the photos in Windows Explorer, it is properly displayed in my default image viewer.

Any ideas on how I can get mycloud.com to display the photos?

What is the file image type (GIF, JPG, BMP, TIFF, RAW, etc.) of the image file? Its possible the web browser cannot display the image where as using Windows File Explorer to access the file will launch a compatible picture viewer capable of displaying the image on your computer.

Also try a different web browser (like Firefox or Chrome) as a test.

Bennor, thanks for your reply.

The images were JPG photos, should be no problem. I had the same problem both in Chrome and Firefox.

Because of other problems I was encountering, I did another factory restore.

Then, just as a test, I uploaded a single JPG file to a folder on the mycloud device, using the mycloud.com web interface.

After some delay, a thumbnail shows up next to the file name, and then when I clicked on the file name, the photo was dispayed against the black background.

I guess the web server takes some time to generate the thumbnail and the code to show the JPG f
ile when the file name is clicked. Before when I had the problem, I had many JPGs in each folder, and that just multiplies the delay involved, so that I got the “broken image” placeholder when I clicked on the file name…

I’ll see what happens when I upload many JPG files again.

thanks again.

Were you able to find a better solution than “waiting for them to load”? I’m having the same problem and it’s very frustrating that I can’t see photo thumbnails and a lot of times, not being able to see the photos themselves.

I have the multimedia option turned on, so I’m not really sure what else I should be doing to get this work.

It’s 2022 and I STILL have this problem with no solution. JPEG images uploaded from my phone are visible in the android app and all browsers. But NOT images uploaded from my computer through WD Discovery or a browser.