PC Detects WD Elements Media Player but TV Does Not... Help?

Hey all

I’ve recently been having trouble with my 2TB WDE Elements Play.

To begin with I had no problems and stored a lot of fiolms, photos and so on there with no trouble at all. However, the other week I couldn’t get either a netbook, tablet or Smart Phone to see it… I lkeft it as I was going on holiday and I came back to it today, it DOES appear as a folder on my PC and I can access all the files and all the films work fine etc but when I connect it to the TV via HDMI cable, it says that the Internal Hard Disc cannot be located…

Any advice? I’m a bit of a novice so use simple wording please!

Thanks!

Try a different cable

have you recently updated the firmware or formatted the drive?

You can try doing a backup of all of your files and then press the reset button.

I’ll try a back up, can you tell me the best way to do that and then get all of my files back on it afterwards please? I have rather a lot of them. I’d hate to lose them all.

Also, is it better to cut and move my files to a pc which takeys hours, or back up?

Thanks

Wizer wrote:

Try a different cable

have you recently updated the firmware or formatted the drive?

Why would the HDMI cable influence the WEP in detecting the internal HD?!

A possible firmware update (with a wrong image) sounds much more likely.

Besides: before buying a new cable try a different HDMI port on the TV (on my Samsung one of the ports really broke and I wrongly blamed the HDD player).

Draddict wrote:
I’ll try a back up, can you tell me the best way to do that and then get all of my files back on it afterwards please? I have rather a lot of them. I’d hate to lose them all.

Also, is it better to cut and move my files to a pc which takeys hours, or back up?

Thanks

Just for the reset no backup is need, but a backup is a VERY good idea in any case.

Use the USB to connect the WEP to your PC. If you don’t have an internal 2TB disk: get one an install it in your PC … believe me: it really helps. Transferring the 2TB still will take the whole night.

Don’t move the files, copy them. Should (for whatever miracle) the WEP recover, then there’s no need to copy back.