I almost fixed "couldn't detect internal drive"

Hi,

I have a special issue here I think.

A few weeks ago I got the error when my WD Elements Play couldn’t detect the internal hard drive. It didn’t work with my PC or my TV, I thought it was dead. Today I worked a bit on it and I managed to get it running on my computer, I can access it like a normal hard drive right now.

Well thats the issue, it doesn’t connect to my computer as an external / portable storage media. Also when I connect it to my TV it shows the same old error message that it Cannot detect the internal hard drive. I figured something is wrong with the software/firmware, considering it does indeed work as a storage device but it cannot run on its own with my TV. So basicly my device works at 50% :cry:

I have tried to update the firmware with the usb-stick method when it’s connected to my TV, but it doesn’t work because the HDD ain’t available obviously.

Any idea how I can fix this? Is formatting an option?

I’m a bit afraid I might be pushed back to square 1 if I do anything so I just leave it here until I get some reply :slight_smile:

If anyone wonders how I managed to access it please ask and I’ll reply in this thread, I’m on my way out really in a hurry lol.

Best regards,

swedish flower.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

got same problem with mine and it just makes a loud ticking nice like a clock i managed to update the firmware but still the same have about 600 gb on it i hope its not dead:cry: