Password reset NOT WORKING!

Tried to login to MAIN WD W/S, as another 4TB WD BLACK is failing after less than 2 years since last being REPLACED!!
Wont accept my p/w, EVEN THOUGH ITS RIGHT!! So I choose “forgot p/w” to be able to login to acc.

Temp p/w is sent to my email, I then go to “forgot your password” page from link.
Enter Temp PW and add a NEW password - then I get error msg:

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000002TQYY

[Deleted]

Why am I getting the error message. I filled everything correctly!! I am a tech FFS!
Why was my original p/w not accepted and WHERE HAS MY ACCOUNT DETAILS GONE???

Hurry up and answer! This site and company is a joke for a company that makes BILLIONS!!
Just how much meta are you really siphoning off to the CIA/Globalists?
Whats that?
I should trust you don’t share my data, JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO!

HURRY UP AND ANSWER ME! Sick of having my time WASTED!

Your account went inactive. It’s now been reactivated, so you should be able to sign in.

Hi,

My account is also inactive . Please help

FWIW, I’ve hit the same problem and opened a case (081717-12246448) with WDC support. Is there a way we could reactivate our accounts without having to poke someone at WDC?

How often do we need to log in to avoid this from happening? I rarely log in (only when I register new drives or have a problem with an existing one).

1 Like

Hi Sahana ,

Please provide the email address or the case number in order to active the account.

Thanks!

Same problem here!!! Can you enable my account?

Thanks!

probably best to contact WD support directly. They can reactivate your account.

Hi nachopro ,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I did this too, and I got a reply that they would reactivate the account and I should wait 24-48 hours. I waited, and am still getting the same message. I tried replying to the email that said “the case will be closed in the next 24 hours if you don’t reply” but no luck yet! There seems to be something more systematic going on. I would really like to get this fixed.

I need my account reset as well. Same error. Won’t let me reset password or login.

Hi,

have the same problem as well. please help.

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U00000017fJF

regards,
Rosli

I even sent a message to WD support with no answer!

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000001GksD

Hello WD Support: I have the exact same problem reported on this thread. I have opened a case with support requesting that my user name / account be reactivated. I got one reply from a WD technical rep asking for additional information which I promptly provided. Now after several days I have received no further response and I just checked to see if my user name was once again active and it is not. Please help me get this situation resolved so I can once again login to WD support. I hesitate to provide my case number here on a public forum but if you need it, tell me how to provide it in a more secure setting. Not sure why this is taking so long to resolve, I originally thought it could be easily handled in a day, two max. Foolish expectation on my part? Thanks!

Here is the message I get when I try to change my password using the temporary password provide by WD in an email:

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000002UIFc

Western Digital support has now reactivated my account. I don’t know if it was my posting here that got their attention or my reminder e-mails I sent to them for my case. But, it did eventually get done.

Hi,
have the same problem as well. please help.

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000001gbEp

I sent a message to WD support with no answer.

Hello is it possible to reactive my support account too pls ?
Just got the error message after registering a HDD.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Bill,
I am having the same problem.
Are you able to reactivate my account for me?
Thank you,
Dottie

Can you please reactivate my account too please? I received the same error when trying to reset my password:

INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000001eSLF

Hi, same issue. My email is urs.suresh2003@gmail.com. Please reactivate my account.,

Hi, please reactive my account too.
Error message:
INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER: owner or user is inactive. Org Id:00DU0000000Jpn7 User Id:005U0000001q4K6