Password protection for Shares not working!

I made a share, I got rid of public access. I created a user with a password and I only allowed that user to be allowed on to the share.

Problem is, after testing, seems anyone can do anything onto this share, mount/read/write etc…, the security is very frustrating – am I missing a setting or option?

I went one further, did a share , turned off public access and didn’t add any users…result: anyone was able to access share and do anything.

p.s I don’t use any of the cloud stuff - turned it off. This is a private NAS.

Hello,

I haven’t seen this case before.

Please try resetting the unit and testing that again.

I have this same issue too. Created a share, removed public access and allowed “admin” to read/write. Tried to access from a Win 10 PC, asks for username/password but won’t let me in. Gives an error of “not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.”??

I’m new to My Cloud, but have a possible similar issue. On a Win 10 PC VM I can access all user shares without prompting for passwords, however, these shares should ask for authentication. On another PC, it will ask for authentication. Any ideas why it does not ask for authentication to shares that I should have deny access to?