Not connected to the network

hello, I’m having issues and the issues are:

i’ve tried everything and no luck what’s how ever
it does not want to connect to the network at all
I tried manual update which has failed
any help will be apreciated I’m using WD EX4100 OS5

@RED78

Have you checked with those who have the same device as you?
Latest My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage/My Cloud EX Series topics - WD Community

Status shows no problems.
https://status.mycloud.com

So sounds like some sort of network problem. . .

A few checks:

1. Can you access from your local network?
  2. I see you are running DHCP: check the router for duplicate IP assignments. (best practice is to ASSIGN a static IP FROM THE ROUTER (not from the WD dashboard)
  3. Verify that router is on the same subnet as the NAS.
  4. Reboot the router and the NAS
  5. For WD Servers. . . . you don’t have to do port forwarding. The NAS and router should be anble to figure it out on their own. (i.e. use defaults?)

so this is gonna be little bit odd but apparently, I’ve connected a router as a extended for the WIFI or as an access point so my network looked something like this

so i unplugged the router the TP one from WD, but then the network was just slow so I unplugged totally and now is back on the network WD with old IP address
but now is doing this
even it shows that its connected to the network

Progress is being made. . .but I am confused.

What is “BT” in the diagram. Is that a Router? Or a cable modem? Regardless; is either the “Switch” or the “BT” providing DHCP for the network?

What is the TP link doing? Is this a router? If it is. . . .if you have this device ALSO performing DHCP. . .performance would be unpredictable. The dual LAN connection on the EX4100 in link aggregate mode wants to have both LAN cables on the same network (i.e. getting IP assignment from a SINGLE device. Translation: two wires running to the same router). If DHCP is enabled on the TPlink. . .you want to disable it.

Is the PC wired or wifi into the network? Wired is always faster. Wifi will be especially slow if you are on the edge of range.

BT router
TP router
PC wired
Those are wires not wireless
the network looks like this now

and the issue that stands is 409

Have you power cycled the My Cloud after reconfiguring your network layout?

Does the issue persist if you connect the My Cloud directly to the BT router with nothing else, but a single PC to test with, connected to that BT router?

How is the TP router configured? Having two routers on the local network can cause issues if the down stream router (second router) isn’t configured properly.

Also; power cycle the router and switch.

If you disconnect the TP router. . . does anything change? (I wouldn’t expect it to change)

This gonna also sound strange but
can i sign in on more than one account so
I’m signed on user1 for the online OS5
can i sign in on Admin too or is that only per user?
yes i have restarted the router and reflow the connection
TP link is set as
but this issue been going on before I plugged the TP router

Sign in where? The My Cloud Dashboard? The MyCloud.com web portal? To a password protected Share?

If you haven’t done so already check the main router or gateway to see if it has any form of port, MAC address, or IP address blocking enabled.

One could try a 40 second reset, if they haven’t tried it already, to see if that fixes the issue you are experiencing.

How to Pin Reset and System Only Restore My Cloud OS 5 Devices

Hmmm. Two things:

This smells like a double NAT problem. What is the network switch doing? Is it a simple dumb switch, is it doing some funky DCHP thing? You need the NAS unit to be on the same subnet as the router. The router also needs to be assigning IP addresses on one of the public IP ranges (i.e. 192.168.xx.xx).

Trying a 40 second reset may not be a bad idea. You might also think about resetting the router.

To your other question: Going into the dashboard as admin while someone else is accessing files is fine. HOWEVER; Windows credential manager really doesn’t like two sets of Passwords/accounts for a single network device. If you have tried; you probably need to go into credential manager and wipe out the login info for the NAs; then supply the once and final credentials the next time you use it.

A while back; I did a bunch of testing with users and shares. I had to have three separate computers in use because of the credential manager limitations.