No sign out option on iOS version of MyCloud

In the settings section I do not have a “sign out” option. I’m using app version 4.4.13. One time there was a sign out option and it worked but it has now disappeared.
I have passcode disabled.
This issue had some results in a Google search, but the answer was to sign out in settings.
I’m sure there is a provision for this but I can’t find it. Any guidance appreciated.

Do you mean sign out or shutdown? Do you have Quick View? If yes, will it allow you to shutdown your My Cloud?

How about the Dashboard?

I am taking it that you do have a WD My Cloud. WDMyCloudImage

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I mean sign out, I don’t want to shut down the NAS (a WD MyCloud Mirror, 2TB two bay). I log in from my iPhone from outside of my LAN and am able to see contents. However I don’t have an option to sign off within the iOS app. This issue surfaced circa 2014, and WD did provide an answer that stated that in Settings there is an option to sign out; however in my app, that option is not present.

If you haven’t already you may want to see and search through the dedicated My Cloud Mirror subforum to see if there are similar discussions to your issue. There may be people more familiar with the Mirror as this subforum is generally discussing the single bay My Cloud units.

Because you are using the iOS mobile app you may want to see and search through the dedicated subforum for WD mobile apps to see if there is similar discussion related to your issue.

1 Like

Have you tried ‘Manage devices’, and then ‘deleting’ your device from the list (on Android, it’s swipe left)? In order to connect again, you would need to enter your credentials again. Which means that you have signed out.

Hi, thanks. I see that option, but I think that will cause me to have to re-add the device every time I want to use it. Not sure of this.
I’m going to follow Bennor’s suggestion and try to find a more specialized discussion forum.

Thanks Bennor. In the second community you recommended, I found the following, which works:

Click on Manage My Devices and remove the MyCloud mirror.
Then go to settings, scroll down and under MyCloud.com, click sign out.
For good measure, double click the home button on the iPhone and swipe up the MyCloud app to close it.

If you go back to the MyCloud app, you will see that you are required to enter your email address and MyCloud password. All is re-secured.

Thanks Bennor. In the second community you recommended, I found the following, which works:

Click on Manage My Devices and remove the MyCloud mirror.
Then go to settings, scroll down and under MyCloud.com, click sign out.
For good measure, double click the home button on the iPhone and swipe up the MyCloud app to close it.

If you go back to the MyCloud app, you will see that you are required to enter your email address and MyCloud password. All is re-secured.