No Firmware Update, last Version 7.16.0

I just noticed that my WD mycloud home duo has software version 7.16.0 installed (device received/purchased yesterday. To update the local network access it needs at least version 8.12. Apparently you can’t update this device manually. How do I proceed now?

Greetings

Hi @Tazy2073,

Please be informed that It is not possible to download and manually update the firmware of a My Cloud Home.

Automatic firmware updates are enabled on the My Cloud Home and cannot be disabled.
Firmware updates are provided Over The Air (OTA) when a new update is available.

Also, Please refer to the article: My Cloud Home Firmware Update Instructions:My Cloud Home Firmware Update Instructions

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes i did. The MCH is now running still 72h and still the same Version

Hi Tazy2073

Did you solve your issue?

thanks
Regards

how to upgrade wd my cloud home from version 7.16.0-220 to latest? The device is turned on and works for 10 days; no update

I found same issue and can’t access MCH app. I showed Device Offline yesterday.

Important:
Starting March 22, 2023 My Cloud Home cloud access will not be available to any device that is not at or above firmware level 8.13.1-102.

1 Like

It’s terribly irresponsible on WD part to stop the access and fail to update devices to latest firmware.
It’s shameless and disgusting

1 Like

Have you found any solution. I am also stuck with a four day old device. I will never buy a WD.again. Their customer support us clueless and useless

1 Like