New/Update: WD Sync for Mac Version 2.0.0.55

The new/updated WD Sync for Mac is now available. It can be downlaoded from the WD Support Downloads by Product page or from the link below. If you have any problems or comments about this Mac software please post them below rather than starting a new thread.

WD Sync for Macintosh

File Size: 20 MB
Version: 2.0.0.55
Release Date: 9/28/2015 | Release Notes

after installing wd sync on my mac, i have gone through the setup and selected my device and logged in with the requested credentials and now it is stuck on the “select your mycloud storage device” screen. it says “please wait” with the revolving busy circle rotating and it will not move forward. 

Not working on my Mac and with my MyCloud EX2…

I’m getting the following errors in the log:

9/28/15 7:45:24.957 PM WD Sync Service[14600]: [NASVolumeFolderChangesThread:xxxxxx:WDSync] Error requesting metaDBInfo (2.1 API) for share ‘WDSync’ from the Personal Cloud device ‘xxxxxx’. REST error = kHTTPStatusCode_BadRequest. REST error message = ‘Error in DB file location’.

My NAS is running the latest firmware, 2.10.302

Update: restarted my NAS, uninstalled WD Sync on Mac, deleted MyCloud folder and finally removed computer authorization from Cloud Access. Then reinstalled WD Sync without checking any of the folders (Pictures, Documents, etc). It still showed those errors in the log, but I was able to sync files by dropping them into MyCloud folder. However once I tried to add a new sync folder and sync it with one of my private shares (under the same user I’m using WD Sync), I started getting the following in my log:

9/28/15 8:09:34.680 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] Successfully got firmware information for Personal Cloud device ‘EugrEX2’. Firmware version number = ‘2.10.302’.
9/28/15 8:09:34.680 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] Successfully connected to the local share ‘User’ on Personal Cloud device ‘xxxxx’
9/28/15 8:09:35.248 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] loginLanRequest already exists for share ‘WDSync’ on NAS ‘xxxxx’, loginLanRequest = 0x7fd22a5201d0
9/28/15 8:09:35.249 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] loginLanRequest using self-signed certificate validation for share ‘WDSync’ on NAS ‘xxxxx’
9/28/15 8:09:35.249 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] loginWanRequest already exists for share ‘WDSync’ on NAS ‘xxxxx’, loginWanRequest = 0x7fd22a52b780
9/28/15 8:09:35.249 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] loginWanRequest using Trusted Certificate validation for share ‘WDSync’ on NAS ‘xxxxx’
9/28/15 8:09:35.249 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] CERTIFICATE: Fallthrough.
9/28/15 8:09:35.259 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9843)
9/28/15 8:09:35.519 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] Successfully got firmware information for Personal Cloud device ‘xxxxx’. Firmware version number = ‘2.10.302’.
9/28/15 8:09:35.519 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] Successfully connected to the local share ‘WDSync’ on Personal Cloud device ‘xxxxx’
9/28/15 8:09:35.972 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: [main] CERTIFICATE: Fallthrough.
9/28/15 8:09:35.982 PM WD Sync Service[14998]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9843)

Probably has to do somethign with self-signed certificates on EX2.

Now it’s not syncing even if I remove that sync folder.

The software seems to do not upload files bigger than 500 MB. When trying to do so it restarts a new session and then begins to reupload until it fails again…

The new software was unable to sync. Multiple messages saying, “Filename ends with a space character.  Remove the trailing space character to resume syncing.”

KBA Certain types of files or folders are not synchronized by WD Sync

Just a cross-post from another thread: Kazzzz from WD suggested to rebuild the content database via admin UI of my EX2, and it fixed the issue. Looks like it got corrupted for some unknown reason.

Regarding the filename restrictions… I hope they will be removed in the future versions, as I don’t see a single technical reason not to support any combination of characters there. 

The current limitation will affect, for instance, Aperture users on Mac, because Aperture uses characters like @ and even ‘|’ in the library filenames. 

The bottom line is that if filesystem allows it, WD sync should allow it too.

It doesn’t see my MY BOOK LIVE DUO.  

Firmware is up to date and I can get to the UI via the web browser.

Hi, WD sync seems that is not compatible with the WD My Book LIVE duo. Arre you sure the My Book Live Duo is your hard drive?

Capture.JPG

I was hoping this was going to be useful but man it’s nasty looking.

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn’t find it…

I have installed WD Sync 2.0.0.55 and it installed ok.  I selected the usual user folders (documents, pictures, music etc) and it’s “mycloud” folder and it all appears to work ok, with one exception.

Whenever the sync is “unpaused” even if the folders are all in sync, the CPU skyrokets to 100% for WD SYNC Service.

I pause the syncing and it drops to zero.  I resume the syncing - note it says MyCloudEX4 is up to date - and off it goes to 100% CPU for the WD Sync Service.

Even when it’s not actually syncing anything.

What this means is that whenever I add a document to my folders, I have to manually resume the syncing and when it is finished, pause the syncing.  On my Macbook Air, when the CPU is at 100% for a while it gets very hot and the fan kicks in then my battery lasts … well… not very long!

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Yes, it happens when it’s scanning your filesystem for changes. Eventually it drops back to normal load levels, but it may take time. However, it takes a LOT of time until it’s done. Out of all sync services I use (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive) - WD Sync is the slowest, buggiest and most resource consuming app. Hopefully, the developers fix this, because I actually like the idea of syncing with your local storage, and not some 3rd party “cloud”… Not that it’s anything new - ownCloud has been there for a while, but I like WD hardware products, now we need them to bring the software up to standards.

Hey thanks for your reply.

I think I’ll leave it off and only turn it on when I add documents.

I had it on for a few days before I realised what was going on and it just sat there are 98-100% for the full time.

Until it’s fixed, I’ll keep it as semi-manual.

I keep getting “WD Sync Service quit unexpectedly” error after syncing is started…it just keeps popping up. I uninstalled and reinstalled but keeps occuring. I’ve also rebuilt the database just before new install of WD Sync, but error keeps occuring. I’m on OSX 10.11 using My Cloud EX2. Is this a known error or something else I need to configure, etc. to get working?

I have the same problem with using WD Sync with MyCloud on my 11inch Macbook Air running Mac OS X 10.11 beta.

Was this problem ever solved? Here I am October 2016 with WDMyCloud and suffering the same.

Thanks

Bryan

Yes,

It was an issue with some of the files I had in my cloud. When I tried a different set of files, I stopped having that issue.

Thanks, I don’t know how I can change sets of files for it is backing up all of my: Documents, Photos, Music and even my Time Machine will no longer find the drive. Can’t get into Dashboard either. Anyway I have just carefully disconnected it from my cable system and power and re-booting. If still the same I will try and contact support, which I could not do 10 minutes ago with other errors problems. And this was to save me time???

Thanks again

Bryan