New/Update: WD Sync for Mac Version 2.0.0.55

It sounds like you have too much on MyCloud. I just have it backing up my movies and put everything else on MyCloud.

-DG

No I have 3.7TB free on my 4TB WD Cloud drive? I thought it was cured day before yesterday but I am again getting the ‘Service Quit’ message.

Typo, make that 2.7TB free.

It’s not about capacity, the problem is with the number of files.

I was just starting over after a full factory restore so very few files had been added. So what is the maximum number of files allowed? I am surprised there is a limit especially as this number, plus many more, are already on my computer 1TB drive?

I have no idea.

Many thanks, nor me :slight_smile: I have just started yet another FULL restore back to factory default. I will then check to make sure there is still no data from me on there. If there is I will also do a full format. I will then using my main Time Machine go back to the day before the WD Mycloud arrived and start afresh. Well it is not a good day outside for walking, and it keeps may away from the computer all day. Thankfully I have my laptop to play with :slight_smile:

I ran into the same issue. I finally did some research, and found that TimeMachine does not seem to play well with non-Apple products. On the Apple forums there are a lot of comments about it being extremely slow. I did some more research and finally went with Get Backup Pro (a commercial product) and FreeFileSystem (open source and free). Both can do all the functions of TimeMachine, but with more flexibility and more options. Even though FFS seemed faster, I started with Get Backup Pro, because it has encryption and compression, and it is easy to setup schedules to automate the backups. However, when traveling out of the country with just my tablet, I realized I could not access my backups (because they were encrypted and compressed), or get individual files from them. I’m now preparing to switch to FFS. I think it’s a little more techy to implement automated backups, though.