New update cut off my wireless adapter; rollback fixed it

Last night I updated the firmware on my WD TV Live Plus (great product, BTW), and suddenly my Airlink Golder 150 wireless adapter stopped connecting it to the internet.  In fact, the WD TV device did not detect that a USB wireless device was even present (it didn’t ask “wired or wireless” in network settings).

I tried lots of little things, but once I rolled back the version to VERSION=‘2.03.49_B’ as loading in the rollback file: wdtv_1_3_49_B_Rollback  everything worked great again.  I had to re-enter my network password and re-certify with netflix, but that took no time at all.  Back in order – but would REALLY like to use the new firmware; the menu layout was quite cool, while I browsed in it.  Oh well.

I just updated to 1.04.17_B.  I also lost my Golden 150 Airlink WiFi link.  It doesn’t know it’s there.  Cat 5 cable works, but this not practical for me.  I called Support and they walked me through a lot of useless stuff.  Still not working and I can’t seem to roll back the driver.  I guess I’ll have to wait for the next  update.

If anyone can tell me how to rollback to 1.04.10 I would appreciate it very much. 

Rollback instructions are here.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

After you rollback to 1.03.49 let the unit update you to 1.04.10

I’ve tried that several times and the update screen never shows.  Any other suggestions?

Bill

Florida_Bill wrote:

I’ve tried that several times and the update screen never shows.  Any other suggestions?

Bill

Which update screen? The one to downgrade in the first place or the one to update to 10.

With regard to the downgrade you must use the firmware on the page I supplied and with regard to upgrade from there you must be linked to your network via the cat5 cable you mentioned.