After installing the latest firmware 1.04.17 my wireless usb network adapter no longer works

I have never had a problem using my D-link DWA-131 USB wireless adapter with my wd had live plus until tonight when I updated the new firmare. Now it won’t recognize the adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem here.  I have two units with the  AirLink101 AWLL6075 Wireless N Mini USB Adapter.  The unit upgraded to 1.04.17 can no longer use the USB wifi.  If I swap the two identical wifi adapters between this unit and the one running 1.04.10, the same problem exists on the upgraded unit.  The non-upgrade unit can use either wifi dongle successfully.

Did either ofyou try restoring to factory defaults?

Yes. Did not work. Hard restart also nothing. Can’t seem to roll back either.

Are you following the published rollback instructions in KB article 5800?

Yes. It was simple. I put the 3 files onto my usb drive, inserted it and went to settings. Did I miss something?

Apparently, yes… ;). Did use the correct V or B version?

Good question. I used v. Do you have a link for 1.04.10b for the hd live plus?

Ok I found a link to 1.04.10b. Thanks again Tony

My USB wireless adapter also stopped working with this 17b release.  The network settings screen no longer has a setting for wireless in this version.  Where do you find the previous firware version?

I tried with the correct version this time 1.04.10b and it still did not detect. I have upgraded this way before and it worked fine. Maybe I need to try an earlier version? I restored factory settings, but it remains 1.04.17b. Is there a way to set it back to the begining?

Did you actually download the ROLLBACK-SPECIFIC package???

I had to use the version they told me. Not the last version. I got it now. Thanks for your time.

Same thing happened to me. I called the tech support since I was still under 30 days.

Thay had me go to knowledge base - search by 5800 - which brought me to the rollback page.

Downloaded Firmware Ver. 1.03.49_B

Formatted flash drive - expanded the 3 files from the firmware update that were zipped - copied them to the flash drive.

Started wd live plus with flash drive in the side - did the rollback to Firmware Ver. 1.03.49_B

This gave me the wireless option again and was back to using the wireless connection.

This old firmware version did not have the new content so I accepted the prompt to update the firmware again. It offered me 1.04.10_B   That worked and I have the new content and the wireless works. I guess that’s where I am staying.

The tech said that my wireless adapter was not on the tested list and that even though it works with the older firmware it did not work with the latest firmware update. 

Whew . . .   New Years Eve with no WD Live would have been a bummer!   :o)

Phil-Hmtn wrote:

My USB wireless adapter also stopped working with this 17b release.  The network settings screen no longer has a setting for wireless in this version.  Where do you find the previous firware version?

Its all here

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

I’ve been having some problems with the new .17 upgrade.  My Live Plus wireless network won’t work anymore.  I even rollbacked to 1.03.49_B as suggested.  So my wireless adpater is not activating anymore.  My goal is to get back on the 1.04.10 firmware. Things were working fine for me then. But the .17 upgrade messed everything up.  So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.-L

ok. I had the same problem after upgrading to the latest 1.04.17 B version.

No network.

My box stopped recognizing D-Link N300 which I bought specifically  because it was listed as compatible with WD Live TV +. It’s no brainer, 'cause WD stopped working right after upgrade.

Actions taken:

-tried: reset, factory defaults, unplug - all three recommended things didn’t work

• no use to download 1.04.10_B because it’s not a rollback version , it’s an upgrade version

-you have to download 1.03.49_B  on your computer, unzip, copy three files (.bin, .fff, and .ver) to any memory stick (formatted ), safely remove this stick from your comp

-make sure drives and a network adapter are disconnected from your WD Live TV + and it’s “on”

-insert memory stick with the above files into WD

-“new firmware found” icon will appear and when prompted you chose to upgrade to 1.03.49

-after upgrade and reboot are completed it may prompt you to upgrade to some other version (might be random digits) - chose cancel

-remove the stick

-connect your wirless network adapter or whatever you have to you WD

-go to settings and set up your network connection (chose network, enter password, etc.) all over again

-try network connection now (it takes ~ 1 min. to tune up and find it, be patient)

That’s how I did that, and I wouldn’t recommend upgrading 1.04.10 to higher without visiting this forum first and making sure NOBODY has any issues with the latest upgrade. I am just a mom and my hands are full these days, I spent 3 hours fixing after some WD dude’s lousy job.

Still,  I believe WD is a good piece of equipment ( I have quite a few of WD products and some seagate and can see the difference) , it’s just firmware people who screw it occasionaly.

Good luck.

completely forgot to add, that once network is working again you might be prompted to upgrade to the next available version, which is 1.04.10. Go for it  and when that upgrade is completed you go no further.

randomgul wrote:

No network.

My box stopped recognizing D-Link N300 which I bought specifically  because it was listed as compatible with WD Live TV +. It’s no brainer, 'cause WD stopped working right after upgrade.

Actions taken:

-tried: reset, factory defaults, unplug - all three recommended things didn’t work

• no use to download 1.04.10_B because it’s not a rollback version , it’s an upgrade version

-you have to download 1.03.49_B  on your computer, unzip, copy three files (.bin, .fff, and .ver) to any memory stick (formatted ), safely remove this stick from your comp

-make sure drives and a network adapter are disconnected from your WD Live TV + and it’s “on”

-insert memory stick with the above files into WD

-“new firmware found” icon will appear and when prompted you chose to upgrade to 1.03.49

-after upgrade and reboot are completed it may prompt you to upgrade to some other version (might be random digits) - chose cancel

-remove the stick

-connect your wirless network adapter or whatever you have to you WD

-go to settings and set up your network connection (chose network, enter password, etc.) all over again

-try network connection now (it takes ~ 1 min. to tune up and find it, be patient)

That’s how I did that, and I wouldn’t recommend upgrading 1.04.10 to higher without visiting this forum first and making sure NOBODY has any issues with the latest upgrade. I am just a mom and my hands are full these days, I spent 3 hours fixing after some WD dude’s lousy job.

Still,  I believe WD is a good piece of equipment ( I have quite a few of WD products and some seagate and can see the difference) , it’s just firmware people who screw it occasionaly.

Good luck.

Or just edit the ver file in 1.04.10_B with notepad and make the version something greater than the firmware you have installed (thats then makes it rollback firmware)

randomgul wrote:

No network.

No offence intended but you are talking about a router not a usb wifi adaptor. See here-

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=565

Secondly it is not on the WD tested or supported list. See here-

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3805&p_created=1255474998&p_sid=nHgY4*ik&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTE0LDExNCZwX3Byb2RzPTIwOCwyOTkmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTIuMjk5JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

So yes you may have some problems.

But if you want people to give assistance, or let WD get an understanding of the problem, tell us what make/model/revision of wifi adaptor you are using. Also, did you perform all the recommended reset steps before deciding to downgrade.