New Release - WD TV Play Firmware Release 1.05.47 (3/25/2013)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Play Media Player.

To ask questions, or share your experience, please post in this thread.

Note: If you are not able to access the “What’s new in this update” link on the WD TV Play, we are posting the release notes here.

Version 1.05.47 Resolved Issues:

• Supports Acetrax, BBC iPlayer, Maxdome, and francetv pluzz.

• Resolved Deezer issue with the time/weather displaying in the top right of the search menu.

• Resolved Deezer issue with Radios displaying incorrect information.

• Resolved Deezer Repeat All icon issue displaying on the home screen when it’s not selected.

• Resolved wrong Spotify icon displaying for repeat one and repeat all play modes.

• Resolved issue with Spotify normal mode playing repeat all.

• Resolved issue with My Storage shuffle mode playing repeat all.

• Resolved My Storage video aspect ratio not appearing correctly when set to widescreen.

• Resolved issue with My Storage and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) not displaying media content.

• Resolved photo alignment issue within the aspect ratio settings when set to normal.

• Resolved Dailymotion video launch issue.

• Resolved FLAC audio issue not playing the full duration of the song.

• Resolved RSS audio issue being stuck during audio and video play.

• Resolved RSS focus disappearing after pressing the down key from now playing panel.

• Resolved issue with USB keyboard and remote effecting UI navigation.

• Resolved Accuweather not displaying the correct days for the weekend.

• Resolved default background not appearing on the home screen.

• Resolved issue with the service apps launching from the WD TV Remote app.

• Resolved Tweet by WD TV not displaying a ‘no result found’ pop-up message for invalid characters.

• Resolved audio playback stop, and replaying lock up issue.

• Resolved performance issue for video playing over Wi-Fi.

• Resolved changing Time Zone setting not displaying correctly on the home UI screen.

• Resolved issue with apps not installing specifically to its region when resetting location.

• Resolved a problem with custom backgrounds not resetting after setting device back to factory reset.

Since updating my system clock always seems to start at 2am as default when the device is switched on.  Sometimes it reverts to the correct time other times it stays as is.

Please can you consider the following which is rather annoying when compared to your WDTV 1TB LIVE HUB.

• The zoom and pan feature only zooms within the active screen area.  When watching a widscreen movie on the Live Hub I would increase my pan to x1.2 and it would fill the screen .  With the Play unit it only zooms within the narrow active area which looks like an oversite on the part of WD.

Is it possible to see my Play unit on my network and copy to the attached USB storage drive from my computer across the network?  I also thought I would be able to see the attached  USB storage drive so that I could access the media from my network. If not it is rather limiting compared to your WDTV 1TB LIVE HUB and rather disappointing for latest technology

My clock always starts at 1 a.m., apparently WD save money but not adding a battery. As mentioned elsewhere, the Play does not support network shares, only DLNA.

gtaps wrote:> If not it is rather limiting compared to your WDTV 1TB LIVE HUB and rather disappointing for latest technology

The TV Play may be the latest model, but it’s not the latest technology with “all the bells and whistles” of the units costing more, and in the case of the Hub, much more.  The TV Play is WD’s newest and lowest costing player that has limited capability, and not same capability compared to the others.  You are not the first person to come in here disappointed about this, and it just points out that folks need to read the specs carefully before buying.  Price is an indication that this is not a high end WD player.

Hello…

is there a option to shut down the following pop up…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obnppzmzMWc

i want to loop the video without any pop ups or titels…

greetz Joppe van Eenbergen

You can do it on the Live Streaming using themes but AFAIK not on the Play.

My suggest for next or future firmware:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Play/It-s-absurd-to-require-to-request-a-feature-for-future-firmware/td-p/575901

1. During Plays… put a option in menù to SET A x seconds then auto-close the ok menù timeline, for example if this selected 0 secs the timeline remain on screen like actual firmware.

2. Make mode to chance color of highlight text… now it’s write/blue… example it’s possible to set white/red or other option.

Hi there.

I just bought a WDTVPlay and I’m getting crazy trying to reach it from my Mac, meaning, the HD connected to it trough USB.

Have you resolved this issue? Can you share your solution?

Thanks

You can’t do that.   The Play doesn’t have that feature; you cannot connect to the USB via the network.

Seriously? Jesus, that cant be true… 

It does not make any sense… Sorry, it is not putting a doubt over your words but is there any WD documentation refering that? I know for sure that a friend of mine has a previous model of WDTVPlay connected to a HD and he has it working and visible on the network…

prebelo wrote:

Seriously? Jesus, that cant be true… 

It does not make any sense… Sorry, it is not putting a doubt over your words but is there any WD documentation refering that? I know for sure that a friend of mine has a previous model of WDTVPlay connected to a HD and he has it working and visible on the network…

There is no previous model of the WD Play.

If I had a Western Digital My Book Live connected to my network and also connected to my WDTVPlay, then I could transfer files directly from my laptop to the HD (wifi) and play them trough the WDTV. Is that right?

Thanks

The WD Play is a scaled down, low-cost player and does not have the same feature set of the more expensive players.

Mike, meaning? Will it read subtitles from my network connected hardrive if it is also connected as a USB to wdtv?

And by the way, I’m accessing my network shares on WDTV… Just as Media Servers… :slight_smile:

prebelo wrote:

…Will it read subtitles from my network connected hardrive if it is also connected as a USB to wdtv?

I’ve never seen a network harddrive that also has USB connectivity to a host.

But if such a thing exists, then yes, it should work fine.

Something like this:  http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-Media-Network-Edition-34763/dp/B004I3VZJK

No, that doesn’t do it, either…  The USB ports are only for attaching additional disks, not for connecting to a PC.

So, and anyone can confirm that, reading a disk as a media server, the WDTV is not able to read and manage subtitles?

And just another question, if I had bought a WD TV Live (as this one: http://www.amazon.fr/Western-Digital-Lecteur-multim%C3%A9dia-streaming/dp/B005MYX33K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374160155&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+tv+live)) would it be possible to do what I want to? That is, to connect a HD to the WDTV box and be able to see it and access it over the network?

prebelo wrote:

So, and anyone can confirm that, reading a disk as a media server, the WDTV is not able to read and manage subtitles?

from a usb stick… SRT + AVI file (whit same name… example AAA.avi and AAA.srt) it’s correctly supported.

From same usb stick… mkv with subtile tracks it’s correctly supported.

According to manual… this is substitle supported:

http://i.imgur.com/vY5RsLO.png